Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Podcasting and a book you should check out... Brave Men Run


I've recently discovered podcasting. I got an iPod for my birthday (actually it was a gift for both my wife and myself, but I really don't think she is going to see much of it ). I've downloaded a lot of podcasts that I have really enjoyed, some from ESPN, some from 1UP and CGW, others from Penny Arcade... and lastly some podcasts done by Lulu.com, the company I'm using to help self-publish my novels.

One of Lulu's podcasts was an interview with Matthew Wayne Selznick, author of Brave Men Run. (yes, men with three names usually indicates a proclivity for serial killing, but he seems like a cool guy). I checked out his site and he has a free audiobook version of his novel on his site. I have already decided to tackle this myself with my own novel... for him it has been a great marketing tool. Time to start researching how to do sound editing!

Check out his site if you get the chance. Brave Men Run is a sort of "X-Men meets The Breakfast Club." As a child of the 80s, I'm enjoying what I've listened to thus far.

I'm hoping he will be willing to share his experiences as a self-publisher that has used Lulu.com; I need all the help I can get.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Wayne Selznick said...

One must stop to consider what Mr. Holyfield is attempting to conceal with the "P" and "G." Two other names, perhaps??? Could we have a killer in our midst???

I kid.

I'm glad you're enjoying "Brave Men Run - A Novel of the Sovereign Era," and I'm looking forward to talking with you more!

2:51 PM  
Blogger P.G. Holyfield said...

Yes, P.G. is a bit of a pen name... I go by Patrick most of the time. :)

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home